CPR Training Workshop for Health Professionals
All medical and allied health professionals are required to update their first aid training every 2 years! Have you updated yours?
Basic life support for health professionals - CPR training half day workshop.
*Seats are limited to 18 per workshop*
Points: 15 CPD points approved PLUS 2500 vitality points for Discovery Vitality Members.
Price: R1350 pp
Venue: Little Tuscany Boutique Hotel, Bryanston, Johannesburg.
Time: 8:00 - 14:30
Dates: (Max 18 people per day)
- 29 October (Saturday)
- 19 November (Saturday)
- 3 December (Saturday)
Includes: Snacks, A BLS for Heathcare Providers, CPR Manual, Mouth-to-mouth barrier devices, Gloves, Call cards, Memory cards, Personalised tuition in accordance with the standards and guidelines of the Resuscitation Council of Southern Africa as well as the American Heart Association.
On completion of the course, the participants will be issued with a BLS Healthcare Provider CPR certificate, which is valid for 2 years.
For level 1 and 2 training or teacher/parent trainings please email us.
At the conclusion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the steps of CPR:
- When to start cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- When to give breaths as well as to demonstrate the use of the various barrier devices
- When and how to check for a pulse
- How to give compressions at the proper depth and rate and with complete chest recoil
- Describe the signs and actions for a severe airway obstruction in both the responsive and unresponsive victims.
- Describe the links in the 'chain of survival' including the importance of:
- Activating the appropriate emergency response system
- Performing CPR
- Providing early defibrillation
- Ensuring the arrival of early advanced care by activating the appropriate emergency response system
- Describe the signs of 4 common life-threatening emergencies in adults:
- Cardiac arrest
- Heart attack
Cara 082 853 3832
Sarah 082 828 0645