I am a clinical psychologist working in private practice in Goodwood and Table View, Cape Town. I did my internship at 3 Military Hospital in Bloemfontein, before completing my community service placement at Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town.
I follow an Integrative Approach, tailoring treatment to the individual person and their presenting problem, while relying strongly on psychodynamic, cognitive behaviour, gestalt, narrative therapy and ecosystemic theory and techniques.
I have experience working across all treatment modalities: individuals, couples, families and groups. I have also presented skill building workshops to groups and communities in different parts of South Africa.
My areas of interest include:
- Couples and Marriage Therapy
- Gender Identity & Dysphoria
- Sexual Orientation
- Psychosomatic/Somatoform Disorders
- Adjustment Difficulties (e.g. divorce and grief/bereavement)
- Intra - and Inter-Personal Skills Development
- Animal-Assisted Therapy
In addition, I have experience working with:
- Mood Disorders (Depression)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Substance-Related Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Mental Disorders related to other Medical Conditions
- Neurocognitive Disorders
- Sexual Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Abuse
- Phase of Life Problems
I offer both short-term and long-term psychotherapy in English or Afrikaans.