I believe that the therapeutic relationship is vitally important in the therapeutic process, and therefore I place great value on creating an environment in which my clients feel understood and at ease. I have a preference for working from a Cognitive Behavioral Therapeutic (CBT) paradigm but I also adopt a wide array of therapeutic techniques to optimally benefit each client. I have completed training accredited by The Albert Ellis Institute, based in New York City, in Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy (REBT), as well as training from international accredited The Beck Institute in CBT. I also provide training and supervision to other psychologists. CBT as a therapeutic technique is highly effective in treating a wide range of difficulties.
I have 9 years of therapeutic experience and am passionate about assisting each client to achieve their optimal functioning. Therapy is available in both English and Afrikaans, and Skype sessions can be arranged.
Therapy may address problems and difficulties such as, but not limited to:
- Grief / Bereavement- Anxiety- Depression ers Problems that stemmed in childhood
- Social Anxiety – Self-esteem and Self-worth
- Traumatic life experiences – Fears
- Panic Attacks – Difficulties related to relationships
- Stress and burnout – Behavioral concerns
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Adult ADD and ADHD
- Bipolar – Clinically Diagnosed Disorders
Areas of special interest:
- Personality disorders
Please feel free to contact me on 073 485 9572 or 011 807 9877 or email me at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.