I specialise in counselling mothers and families struggling with pregnancy, birth, motherhood and parenthood to help them transform these situations into meaningful experiences. I support and empower my clients though solution focused counselling, sensitive practical guidance and an eclectic approach. I encourage and foster self-discovery and personal development.
I am a social worker in private practice and I work holistically. Through counselling and supportive workshop style groups I offer transformational and support opportunities for my clients, I am able to guide mothers and their families in the often overwhelming transformation and identity changes that birth and parenting can bring for themselves and for the relationship or when returning to work. I support and counsel women & their families when suffering with pregnancy or post natal depression and/or anxiety and losses such as miscarriage and stillbirth.
My special interest is helping women who have experienced birth trauma or unexpected difficult birth experiences or difficult early mothering experiences and disappointments to find resolution and growth and to move past the traumatic experience and through the grief to healing and growth.
My clients come to me for help with:
- Childbirth and parenting preparation
- Childbirth trauma and PTSD
- VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean) birth preparation
- Self esteem and self confidence issues
- Pregnancy and postnatal depression, anxiety and distress
- Perinatal mood disorders
- Fertility issues
- Birth Story Listening
- Marriage preparation and enrichment
- Relationship counselling
- Parenting skills and challenges
- Trauma experiences
- Miscarriage, stillbirth and infant loss
- BWRT (Brain Working Recursive Therapy)
I host and facilitate the following groups & workshops:
- Mothers Birthing Circle Workshop - exploratory workshop and support group for new mothers
- Birthing From Within Childbirth and Parenting preparation classes
- Single Moms Coffee morning - networking and support for single moms with babies
- Angel Moms - support group for mothers who have experienced miscarriage, stillbirth or infant loss
- PAL's & Rainbows - support group for mothers pregnant after a loss
- Gentle Conscious Parenting Classes - parenting skills workshop
I am registered with the SACSSP (SA Council for Social Service Professions); a member of SAASWIPP (South African Association of Social Workers in Private Practice); an associate member of NAPSW (North American Perinatal Social Workers); an advanced mentor with Birthing From Withing and a Practitioner Member of The British BrainWorking Research Society.