I am a registered Clinical Psychologist in private practice in Randpark Ridge.
I specialise in working with children, adolescents and adults in individual psychotherapy, from a psychodynamic perspective.
Psychodynamic therapy is a therapy approach that helps a person to understand and resolve the problems that they are experiencing by developing insight into their inner world and increasing awareness of how our feelings, thoughts and behaviour influence our past and present relationships, with ourselves and others. When starting a therapy process it is important to have an assessment period (usually 3 sessions) so that I can understand what has brought you to therapy and how I can best help you. These initial sessions also provide you with an opportunity to decide whether I am the right therapist for you and whether the therapeutic approach feels helpful in working through the problems you are experiencing. In the third session we discuss and agree on the course of therapy.
My areas of interest include:
- Mood Disorders including Bipolar, Depression & Postnatal Depression (baby blues)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Anger Management
- Self harm, reckless & impulsive behaviour
- Adjustment to life changes and transitions
- Trauma Intervention
- Bereavement Counselling
- Conditions related to Stress & Coping
I also offer the following assessments:
- Psycho-Educational Assessments
- Emotional Assessments
- Subject Choice Assessments
- Career Assessments
My fees are below current medical aid rates and I am contracted in to most medical schemes.
Weltevreden Park, Sundowner, Boskruin, Bromhof, Honeydew, Fairlands, Northcliff, Northriding & Randburg
Professional Registration & Affiliations
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA)
- Registered with the Board of Healthcare Funders (BHF)
- Member of the South African Psychoanalytic Confederation (SAPC)
- Member of the Psychological Society of South Africa (PsySSA)
- Member of the Johannesburg Association of Child Psychotherapists (JACP)
- Member of the World Association for Infant Mental Health (WAIMH)
- Member of the Gauteng Association for Infant Mental Health (GAIMH)