I am a Clinical Social Worker with a practice based in Muizenberg in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town. I have many years of experience in the mental health profession and specialize in providing help and support to adults and older adolescents I am also experienced in meditative, mindfulness and relaxation techniques which can ease stress and anxiety thereby helping clients to gain more enjoyment from life. On request, I can provide a life coaching service.
My aim is to provide a supportive and non-judgmental space for my clients to share their current difficulties and to explore different ways of viewing and approaching them. Furthermore, I hope to assist my clients in finding their inner strengths and gaining confidence so that they may find new ways of relating to life.
My areas of expertise include, but are not limited to:
- Anxiety, panic & stress management
- Depression, including postnatal depression
- Bereavement or grief
- Chronic Illness
- Issues pertaining to ageing & life style changes
- Family or parenting of adolescent/adult children
- Bipolar or similar mental illnesses
- Retirement or retrenchment
- Trauma counselling
- Women’s issues